Email Notification Settings Available in BookingPress
Please select one of the email services to send email notifications.
Options available are:
- PHP Mail
- WP Mail
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
Please take note that it is highly recommended that you use SMTP because emails sent with PHP Mail are generally flagged as spam and also it takes time to send emails.
Sender Name: This option is used to set the sender name in all email notifications that will be sent from the system.
Sender Email: This option is used to set the sender name in all email notifications that will be sent from the system.
Admin Email: This option is used to send email notifications to the admin.
Let’s understand how to configure SMTP for Gmail, but you can set it for other email services that support SMTP. When you select the SMTP option from “Mail Service”, the below inputs will be displayed.
An Outlook SMTP configuration example:
- Host Name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port: 587
- Secure Connection: TLS
- Username: Your Outlook email address
- Password: Your Outlook email password
Note: SMTP configuration details will be different for each SMTP provider. Kindly confirm the details with your SMTP provider.
Once you set the above options, you can test your SMTP connection status. Whether it got successfully connected or not. You can test it by sending a test email to any email address where you can check if the email is received or not.
Send Test Email Notification
To – Send test email notification To this address
Message – Test email notification message
Setup Google / Gmail
To configure the Email delivery via Google/Gmail, go to
Notifications and select the Google/Gmail option.
To get a new Client ID & Client Secret please follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Google API Console
- From the project drop-down, select an existing project, or create a new one by selecting Create a new project.
- After adding/selecting the project, click on the ‘Library’ option from the left sidebar and search for the Gmail API
- Click on Gmail API
- If the Gmail API is not enabled, then click on the ‘Enable’ Button and then click on ‘Manage’.
- In the sidebar under “API & Services”, select Credentials, then select the OAuth consent screen tab. Choose an Email Address, specify a Product Name, and press Save.
- In the Credentials tab, select the Create credentials drop-down list, and choose OAuth Client ID
Under Application type, select Web application. Register the origins from which your app is allowed to access the Google APIs, as follows, and set redirect URIs. An origin is a unique combination of protocol, hostname, and port. You will be able to get the Gmail redirect URL from BookingPress -> Settings -> Notifications at Authorized redirect URI.
Set the Authorised Redirect URI, and you’ll get the Client ID and Secret from the right panel. Copy the Client ID and Secret and use it in the BookingPress -> Settings -> Notifications Settings -> Under the Google/Gmail tab.
Save the Settings on Google Console as well as in the BookingPress after setting up the Client ID and Secret. and then you need to click on the ‘Connect with Google Account’ button in the BookingPress Settings.
It’ll ask you to log in to your account and permission and after completing the process, the ‘access token’ will be filled up automatically. Save the settings and now you can use the Connect Google/Gmail account for sending email notifications within BookingPress.