Recurring Appointments Addon
To get and Activate the Recurring Appointments Addon, please follow the below steps.
- First, login to the BookingPress Website, and you will be redirected to the My Account page.
- Now, click on the “Access Passes” link from the left menu panel.
- After going to the Access Passes, click on the “View your downloads” button.
- From the list, please look for the “Recurring Appointments” add-on, click on the download button, and it will automatically start downloading the addon. After the download is finished, upload the downloaded zip file to WordPress just link any other WordPress Plugin, then install and activate the addon to use it.
Setup guide for Recurring Appointments Booking Addon Settings in WordPress backend
#1. Enable Recurring Appointments for Individual Service
Once you activate this addon, you can enable “Recurring Appointments” for new or existing services navigating:
WordPress Dashboard > BookingPress > Services > Click on “Add New” Button or Click on Edit Icon for Existing Service > Turn on “Enable Recurring Appointments” Option.
#2. Set Recurring Appointments Setting Options
When you turn on “Enable Recurring Appointments” option, it will ask you to define below-mentioned setting options:
1. Recurring Appointments Max No of Times: Set the maximum number of Recurring Appointments clients can schedule.
2. Recurring Frequencies: This field offers four values such as Monthly, Weekly, Biweekly, and Daily. You can set any or all as per your requirements.
3. Default Recurring Frequency: It lets you set any of the previously selected recurring frequencies value as default.
Aftering setting the value for each of the above setting options, click on “Save” Button
#3. Colors & Labels Customization
Now navigate to WordPress Dashboard > BookingPress > Customize…
1. For customizing colours for “Suggested Time Slot” and “Not Available Time Slot”
2. For customizing the labels related to Recurring Appointments. Here you can set and update labels such as..
- Repeat Appointment Label
- Sessions Title
- Start Date
- No. of Sessions
- Upcoming Appointments
- Edit Appointment
- More Service Date Time Label
#4. Recurring Appointments Related Message Settings
Follow below steps to set or edit Recurring Appointments validation messages:
WordPress Dashboard > BookingPress > Settings > Messages
#5. Add New Recurring Appointments
To add new appointments or manage the existing ones, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Appointments. Here you will find the entire list of Recurring Appointments booked by your clients along with its details like Booking ID, date, time slot, and service name.
You can easily manage them individually, editing or deleting if required. On the other hand, if you want to add the new one, click on the “Add New” button.
#6. Recurring Appointments Shortcode for Invoice
This addon also offers you the shortcode [BOOKINGPRESS_RECURRING_ITEMS] [/BOOKINGPRESS_RECURRING_ITEMS] that you can implement in your invoice template configuration to add its recurring appointments information in your invoice.
#7. Email, SMS, and WhatsApp Notification Configuration
To add the list of Recurring Appointments in the client’s email, you can add its variable (%recurring_appointment_list%) in the email notification template following below step:
WordPress Dashboard > BookingPress > Notifications > Select (%recurring_appointment_list%) in the sidebar.
Note: If you have activated SMS Notification and WhatsApp Notification Addons, then the client will receive the notification regarding booked appointments only a single time and not at each occurrence.
– However, in the case of scheduled notification, the SMS/WhatsApp notification will be sent at each occurance.
When the user selects the service for which the admin has enabled the Recurring Appointments in the backend, he can schedule the required number of sessions or appointments and set all the relevant details like start date, time slot, number of sessions, and frequency, etc. He can also edit previously selected date and time as shown below:
In case, the user selects the time slot that has already been booked/scheduled, then the addon will also suggest to him the nearest free time slot of the same day. Additionally, in case of non-availability of the entire selected day, it won’t let the user proceed ahead towards booking such recurring appointments and will show an error message as defined in the backend
After processing at each stage, the user will get the complete summary page entailing details like customer name, service name, date & time that he selected for each appointment/session along with the collective amount he needs to pay for all the scheduled sessions. It will also show him the list of payment gateways and he can select any of them to make the payment for these scheduled appointments.
Once the user makes the payment, he will obtain a Thank You page where they will find the success message “Your Appointment Booked successfully!” along with all the details he saw in the summary page in addition to his Booking IDs.
Services With What Recurring Appointments Addon Doesn’t Work:
#1. The price of Happy Hours will not be applied when Recurring Appointments Addon is applied.
#2. Recurring Appointments will not be booked under the waiting slot.
#3. This addon will not work with Day Service and Custom Duration Service.